Interested in this instrument? Contact us below.
The VK-88 Combo Organ is the ultimate instrument for players who crave the most authentic organ sound and feel. This gorgeous double-manual instrument incorporates Roland's advanced "Virtual ToneWheel" organ sound with COSM Amp and Rotary Speaker Modeling - plus waterfall keyboards that play just like a classic organ. A D Beam with multi-colored LED gives players enhanced realtime control, while two additional harmonic bars and Active Expression let players blend in other instrument tones.
- Flagship combo organ with two 61-note manuals and Virtual ToneWheel technology
- Dual waterfall keyboards with quick-firing keys - great for playing glissandos
- Includes Orchestral Tones like piano, strings, brass and outstanding choir sounds
- 9 harmonic bars per manual (upper/lower), two harmonic bars for pedal part, plus two harmonic bars for Orchestral Tones
- 4 types of COSM Amp Modeling including overdriven sounds
- Rotary speaker modeling simulates a well-known rotary speaker
- Active Expression lets players fade in an Orchestral Tone via expression pedal
- D Beam controller with multi-colored LED and templates for easy realtime control
- Onboard reverb, vibrato and chorus effects
- Authentic solid wood cabinet
Authentic In Every Way
Even the most sophisticated organ aficionado will revel in the beautifully designed VK-88. Its gorgeous wooden cabinet captures the look of a classic, while the traditional panel layout - with nine harmonic bars per manual (upper/lower), two harmonic bars for the pedal part, and two additional harmonic bars for Orchestral Tones - gives players intuitive control of the organ sound. Dual waterfall keyboards with quick-firing keys make it possible to play using traditional organ techniques like glissandos.
Advanced Virtual ToneWheel Sound
The VK-88's organ sounds are based on the same advanced Virtual ToneWheel sound engine used in the acclaimed VK-8 Combo Organ. Players can choose from four authentic tone wheel types - Vintage 1, Vintage 2, Solid and Clean - and then further adjust the sound using the harmonic bars. The VK-88 even lets players adjust the leakage level and click sound - just like the organs of yesteryear!
COSM Amp and Rotary Speaker Modeling
In addition to its ability to accurately model the sound of a vintage rotary speaker, the VK-88 sports four types of COSM amp models. Now you can get any organ tone imaginable - from the clean sound of a gospel organ to the gritty sound of a rock organ (courtesy of the newly developed COSM Amp Type IV, which features an incredible gain stage for down-right killer distortion).
Built for Performers
Take your performance to the next level with the light-sensing D Beam controller. Using an infrared beam of light with an LED that changes color depending on the proximity of your hand, you can control a variety of preset options like rotary speed (Slow/Fast). And with Active Expression, players can slowly fade in one of the VK-88's Orchestral Tones using an optional EV-7 Expression Pedal. These additional tones offer new possibilities for organ performance, while 64 User registrations make for quick and easy recall.
Super Size Your Combo!
By adding the optional PK-25, players gain a 25-note pedalboard ideal for playing bass. Designed to match the distinctive look of the VK-88, the PK-25 also includes a detachable expression pedal and two footswitches. Pair up the VK-88 with Roland's KC-1000 stereo mixing amplifier, and youÂ¡Â¦ll get 310 watts of powerful sound with unique RSS® ambient effects, split-frequency compression and ultra-realistic tone cabinet reverberation.
- Upper: 61 keys (Waterfall with velocity and after touch),
Lower: 61 keys (Waterfall with velocity)
- Sound Generator
- Organ: Virtual ToneWheel,
Orchestral Tones: PCM
- Organ: 3 parts (Upper, Lower, Pedal),
Orchestral Tones: 3 parts (Upper, Lower, Pedal)
- Maximum Polyphony
- Organ: Full Polyphony,
Orchestral Tones: 128 Voices
- Tone Wheel
- Tone Wheel(VINTAGE1, VINTAGE2, SOLID, CLEAN), Leakage Level, Key Click Level
- Vibrato and Chorus
- V-1, V-2, V-3, C-1, C-2, C-3
- SECOND, THIRD, SOFT, SLOW
- AMP simulator
- AMP Type (Type I, Type II, Type III, Type IV), Overdrive, Tone
- Reverb type(Room, Hall, CHURCH, SPRING), Reverb Level
- D BEAM
- CRESCENDO, ROTARY SPEED, RING MODULATOR, TONE WHEEL BRAKE, SPRING SHOCK
- Orchestral Tones
- Upper: STRINGS, LARGE CHOIR, GOSPEL CHOIR, SYNTH PAD, BRASS, WOOD WIND, JAZZ SCAT, ACCORDION
Lower: PIANO, E.PIANO 1, E.PIANO 2, CLAVI, VIBES, HARPSICHORD, A.BASS, E.BASS
Pedal: PIANO, E.PIANO 1, E.PIANO 2, CLAVI, VIBES, HARPSICHORD, A.BASS, E.BASS
- Chorus, Reverb
- Internal Memory
- Registration memory: 64 (User Memory)
- INPUT Jacks(L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch phone type,
MIX OUTPUT Jacks(L, R): XLR 3-32 type,
MIX OUTPUT Jacks(L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type,
ORGAN OUTPUT Jacks(L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type,
ORCHESTRAL TONES OUTPUT Jacks(L/MONO, R): 1/4 inch TRS phone type,
PHONES Jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type,
EXPRESSION PEDAL Jack,
HOLD PEDAL Jack,
CONTROL PEDAL 1 Jack, CONTROL PEDAL 2 Jack
MIDI Connectors (IN, PEDAL IN, OUT),
PK IN Connector,
ROTARY TONE CABINET Connector,
- AC 117 V, AC 230 V, AC 240 V
- Power Consumption
- 55 W
- Top Panel: Simulated Walnut, Side Panel: Natural Wood Walnut Finish
- Owner's Manual, Edit Mode Quick Reference, Music Rest, Rear Cover, Screw Set, Cord Clamp, PK Cable, Power Cord
- Organ Stand: KS-88, Pedal Keyboard: PK-25/7, Organ Bench: BNC-88, Keyboard Amplifier: KC Series, Expression Pedal: EV-7
- Size and Weight
- 1,184 mm
- 46-5/8 inches
- 590 mm
- 23-1/4 inches
- 1,130 mm
- 44-1/2 inches
- 62.0 kg
- 136 lbs. 11 oz.
- Including the music rest and organ stand(KS-88), Weight: VK-88(39 kg/86 lbs.), KS-88(23 kg/50 lbs./12 oz.), BNC-88(20 kg/44 lbs. 2 oz.), RKS-88(9 kg/ 19 lbs.14 oz.)
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
- FAQ's coming soon